Friday, April 7, 2023

Maison Chablis Guest House ,Franschoek ,Cape Town ,South Africa

Review -Maison Chablis Guest House

I stayed at this charming guesthouse during a visit to Franschoek recently. You can see the Franschoek Mountains from here. I felt like I was in a painting it was so pretty.
The owner James Calderwood was the perfect host and is always concerned about the needs of his guests 
He completely changed his career 10 years ago when he acquired the property. He kept the name from the previous owners as it fits with the French theme of the town.
It is very safe and only a 5-minute walk from the town center.
The property has an undeniable French colonial flavor and I almost expected French Hugenouts to walk into the breakfast room while I was eating!

Accommodation 







The rooms are very tastefully decorated with the French theme following through mingled with the modern theme of the en-suite bathrooms 
Each room has access to WIFI which worked well as well as televisions with cable TV access.
The rooms also have airconditioning.

Garden area :


The pool area




There is a beautiful, well-maintained garden with a pool and lounge chairs where you can relax after a long day's sightseeing or if you just do not feel like going out. The beautiful flowers and water -feature enhance the tranquil environment 

Meals:

The Breakfast Room 

Scrambled eggs,bacon,mushrooms


Very excited about my food!

The only meal served here is breakfast, however, there are many restaurants in the town close by as well as a supermarket.
I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast which was scrambled eggs, sausage, mushroom, bacon, and tomatoes with some toast.I also had some of the fresh fruit . Really delicious !!

Conclusion 

If you are looking for a romantic , quiet, peaceful accommodation that is close to the town this is a perfect spot. The service is impeccable and the breakfast was scrumptious. I loved my stay here.





No comments:

Post a Comment